February is here! This month is the shortest month in our calendar, but is in no way “less than”. The name February comes from roman Februarius, which comes from the latin name termfebruum, or “purification”. Recently I learned through our friend Wikipedia that January and February were the last two months added to the our current calendar because winter was thought to be a “month-less period”. How nice, month-less, really? Nothing in our world today allows two months to fall into the abyss.
Let’s take a little inventory of what we’ve covered so far:
- Short. We can start with being “short tempered”, feeling shorted on our exchanges, and being shorted on having enough time for yourself, or to get the job done. No, I’d not like my short month to feel any longer with anything that makes me feel anything “less than”.
- Month-less. Here we are, right back to that word, “less”.
- Purification. Big word, lots of energy. This word does mean “purging out impurities”, but it’s also associated with atoning for sins and guilt. Heavy stuff. Let’s lighten it up a bit, okay?
Purification? That sounds a little too intense for me, what do you think? Here’s the way I see it: if you are anything like me you work really hard, and don’t want your personal time to be “work”, too.
How do you fit a little purification into your February while making it effortless? What if we changed the name from purification to “pamper”?
Here are a few simple ideas to kick off February, the Pamper month:
- Team up with millions of little pro-biotic supporters. How do you do that? You can take probiotic capsules, but it’s difficult to know which ones actually help. Same for yoghurt, sadly. There are other ways to add probiotics to your body, such as kefir. I tried milk-based kefir a while back and found it too “tangy”. Still, the benefits are strong, and I like the idea of millions of healthy bacteria doing the work for me! Then I found water kefir: it’s easy to make, store, and flavor, and it does not have that strong tangy taste like store-bought kefir. Here’s the best video I’ve found on how to make water kefir.
- Relaxing Baths: Try an epson salt bath, and soak yourself into a calmer state. Go for two cups epson salts dissolved in really hot water then added to your bath water. Add some baking soda, too, as it will help keep you from reabsorbing the toxins released from your skin. If you have inflammation or joint pain you can try a bath with apple cider vinegar. Go for Bragg’s, it’s the real deal, with the live “mother”. She’ll do her thing while you lie back and relax. Add some visualization, EFT, or a mantra to your bath time with a focus of loving support for your time and space bound physical body.
- Give “Mindful” a chance to empty the trash. This is where mantras really shine. Why mantras, and why step into mindlessness at all, don’t we have enough times when we zone out? That’s different. Mantras help you shift the vibration of your mind from “crazy busy, thought-possessed (now that would be an interesting article in itself!!), and overwhelmed. Using a mantra gives your mind a chance to relax, much like emptying the trash, so you have a little more breathing room. This actually enhances your ability to problem solve, and gives you more creative space! I’ve actually developed a modern-times mantra program that is easy and exciting for all of us enthusiastic spirits. Interested? Leave a comment to this article, message me through the comments section. Encouragement goes a long way to making things happen sooner.
- Encouragement? Yes! Use encouragement, enthusiasm, joy, and silliness to build your inner alliance. Then turn the tables and use encouragement in the world around you. Think of how you’ve felt when someone has encouraged you! Encouragement and enthusiasm will help lift the “short, dark, and dingy” out of February, in fact, you might wish the month didn’t fly by so quickly!
What’s left to talk about? Let’s see.. body, mind, and.. spirit!! Let’s save that for part II of February a Month of Purification.
February Month of Purification and Pamper © 2015 Kavi Saphala, IntuitiveMeaning.com
Kavi’s greatest love is assisting others shift into the comfort of acceptance and appreciation. This relational, open-hearted energy carries into my many interests: photography, symbiotic gardening, long walks, and enjoying nature. Ready for a shift in your own world? Sessions available by appt.